Tips for Erectile Dysfunction Prevention
The thing about erectile dysfunction is that it can be caused by a number of factors. Therefore, prevention can become a difficult task but not impossible. If you want to prevent ED you will first have to understand the causes.
Causes of Erectile Dysfunction and Their Types
As there are many causes of ED, they can be classified broadly into two categories. They are given below.
- Physical Factors: The most common causes of ED are generally physical in nature. Some of the common physical causes include diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure and heart conditions;
- Psychological Factors: Sometimes, the state of mind of a man can affect his ability to achieve an erection or maintain it. Common psychological factors include lack of confidence, chronic stress, depression, anxiety or psychological trauma.
Preventing Erectile Dysfunction
The fact is that there are different types of treatments available for ED such as the oral medications from Trust Pharmacy. However, preventing ED from happening in the first place will always be the best course of action. There are quite a few things you can do to decrease your susceptibility to this medical condition. The main idea behind these methods is to keep your body healthy and get all underlying physical conditions treated.
- Stress Reduction: Stress is one of the primary psychological causes of ED. As such, you need to start taking steps to get rid of this problem. Visit a psychologist if necessary to learn how you can manage your stress;
- Quit Smoking: Nicotine affects the blood vessels and reduces blood flow. As a result, achieving erections become more difficult. Give up smoking as soon as possible;
- Avoid Alcohol: Alcohol can interfere with the nerve signals and blood flow, both of which are necessary for erectile stimulation;
- Exercise Regularly: Exercises keep your body fit and improves blood circulation. As a result, your erectile function is maintained;
- Weight Reduction: Excess weight places a lot of strain on the cardiovascular system. In turn, your penile region may have a blood flow that is insufficient for an erection;
- Diet: A proper diet will keep your body functioning as it is supposed to in a healthy manner. This applies to your erectile function.
Erectile Dysfunction Treatments
In spite of your best efforts to prevent it, you may find that erectile dysfunction has set in. In such cases, you should not worry too much as it is possible to get a suitable treatment for it. There are many kinds of treatments available these days some of which can be got from the nearest pharmacy. Nonetheless, your first step should be to consult a doctor so that you can get the requisite advice for treatment.
Oral medications are the most popular method of treating ED due to their effectiveness. On the other hand, they may cause a few side effects. Therefore, they need to be taken with care. Moreover, they also have a few contraindications and drug interactions that have to be considered carefully.
Category: Erectile Dysfunction
Tags: causes of ED, erectile dysfunction drugs, erectile dysfunction treatment, Men’s Health