Constitution and Governance
Governance and the LPC Constitution
The LPC Constitution is a key document setting out the membership of the committee and the constitutional rules under which it operates.
Community Pharmacy Humber operates according to the PSNC Model Constitution and follows a strict accountability procedure and governance arrangements.
To help LPCs judge the Committee’s performance and the quality of service offered to its contractors, the PSNC has drawn up performance criteria providing a framework for LPC self evaluation, the evaluation can be found on the PSNC website. Adopting a performance management framework strengthens the credibility of the LPC and supports sound management.
Copies of the LPC Constitution and Code of Conduct & Accountability Framework are included in this section:
- Community Pharmacy Humber Constitution [LPC-Constitution-2014-final pdf] (Adopted 3rd December 2014)
- Code of Conduct [pdf with appendices] (Adopted 1st October 2013)
Self evaluation framework for the Community Pharmacy Humber:
- PSNC template evaluation is completed on PharmOutcomes
- Community Pharmacy Humber Framework of Self Evaluation (to be completed)
Expenses policy and claim forms:
- Expenses policy Humber LPC Apl 16 – final (pdf)
- Expense claim form updated May 16 (pdf)
- Expense claim form updated May 16 (doc)
To promote the interests of pharmacy contractors locally as the recognised negotiating body for delivery and development of pharmaceutical services.
- To protect remuneration and reimbursement by ensuring additional services are fairly rewarded.
- To act as a key consultant in NHS dispensing contract applications/relocations using local knowledge of existing service provision to determine impacts of changes to the existing network.
- To raise the profile of pharmacy locally by highlighting to the commissioners those areas where pharmacy can contribute to delivering the primary care agenda.
- To communicate to local pharmacists the current issues which nationally or locally have implications for provision of services.
- To work co-operatively with the various bodies concerned with the quality assurance aspects of services provided to NHS patients.
If you would like to comment on any aspect of this website please contact us.